Monday 4 March 2013

Liebster Blog Award

So my friend, Matt Schiariti, was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award, and now, so have I. Don't worry, I haven't heard of it before either. Anyway, the point is to help blogs get more traffic (though I have always wondered how much good these things actually do). There's not much to this. I post eleven random facts about me, answer eleven questions that Matt posted on his blog post, and then link to eleven blogs (that have under 200 followers) who must also perform these tasks. Honestly, I am not quite sure where I am going to wrangle up these eleven blogs, but we'll see who I can find. So far, I have the following victims blogs.

  • A Sporking Rat (Great spork/snark with some of the later Anita Blake books)

11 Random Facts About Yours Truly
  1. I'm a Whovian to the point that I am actually watching all of Classic Who right now. Currently, I am a little ways into the Second Doctor, who I am very much enjoying.
  2. I am one of those people that have to read and view things in order. It bothers me immensely when I have to read a series out of order.
  3. I have a strong fascination with Judeo-Christian mythos, particularly angels. Let me tell you, angels are not peaceful, harp bearing beings.
  4. I can skip in heels, even 6" heel less heels. I'm sure you find this riveting, but hey, it amuses me.
  5. Pugs are my favourite type of dog. Seeing one nearly always cheers me up (even if it's only slightly) or makes me giggle. Yes, you read that correctly: giggle.
  6. The Rococo and Georgian periods are my favourite, especially with architecture and fashion. Oh, the gorgeous clothes! The men were at the height of their fashion then. Sorry ... I'll be quiet now.
  7. I have a fear of car washes. The ones with the cloth brushes are even worse. Also, I swear the dryers are trying to eat me.
  8. Neil Gaiman is my favourite author.
  9. I love dressing up, especially with costumes. It's just a shame that I don't have tons of skill in making them. Just the bloody ideas.
  10. Although I find Tolkien an extremely well written author, I found Lord of the Rings incredibly boring. I finished it once, but I will admit that it was a chore.
  11. I am currently craving a hamburger as of 4:30 on the 4th of March.  
11 Questions from Matt
  1. If you're a writer, tell us a little bit about any current projects you have going on.  If you're a blogger, give us a synopsis of what your blog's all about and what you'd like to accomplish with it.  If you're both then by all means answer both parts! I dabble in writing some. Currently, I am working on a short story set in 1955 England. Sadly, I am currently stuck since I have little knowledge in chemistry and needed someone with said knowledge to help out so I may need to toss out my initial idea and use other means. I am also working on building my world and characters for a series I have been working on. It has been very slow going, but hey. As for my blog, there isn't much to say. It's a book review blog, and it's pretty much here to get my thoughts out there, hopefully help people decide what books may interest them.
  2. In 200 words or less, answer the following question:  Cake or Pie? Pie! For one, there are more fruit pies, and I much prefer the blending of textures to that of cake. Also, quiche, or as my friend calls it: dinner pie. Quiche is all around delicious. Dammit! I want quiche now!
  3. What are your pet peeves? People who can't return shopping trolleys to the corrals. Let the trolleys be with their friends! But seriously, they're not that far away! Return them!
  4. What are your favorite books/authors/genres? Well, obviously, Neil Gaiman. I also am a fan of Jonathan Swift and the Marquis de Sade. As for particular books and series, I really like Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles (or what I have read, which is up to The Vampire Armand). I also love Diana Wynne Jones' Howl's Moving Castle. I cannot speak on her other work since I haven't read it yet, but I could see her becoming a favourite author. The final series I would probably favourite is Brian Lumley's Necroscope series. I am in love with his vampires and cannot recommend this series enough. 
  5. If I asked you to lend me $20, would you, and do you have paypal? I wouldn't.
  6. What inspires you?  Answer in regards to writing, blogging, anything from your life.  Whatever you choose.  The Moose inspires me! The Moose! I'm kidding. Honestly, I have never really thought what inspires me. A lot of times, I just have a vision in my head and feel the need to bring it to life. However, I have also seen many authors that just slap whatever together, and that inspires me to create a cleaner product. My room mate is also an inspiration. She is always encouraging me to do what I want to do and be who I want to be.
  7. If you could be one household appliance, what would you choose to be and why? A stove, preferably gas that way I could help create delicious dishes.
  8. Through a twisted turn of fate, you're given the choice to either be blind or deaf.  Which would you pick and why? I am sure most people will end up giving this answer, but I much rather be deaf. For one, we are too much of site based creatures so it would be much easier to get by being deaf than blind. I can learn sign language and use subtitles. Also, how will I know how stylish I am if I can't see what I am wearing. :p
  9. What would be your dream job?  (And don't say 'author'.  Since we're all bookish here, that's already assumed and if it's not, too bad) To be honest, if I could be anything, I would love to be an actor. The only reason I don't pursue it as a career is because you need to take an extra two steps to get anywhere in the slightest.
  10. If you could sit in a bar and toss back a drink with any writer from ANY time period, alive or dead, who would it be and what would you be drinking? Oh, that is a tough one. Honestly, I would probably choose the Marquis de Sade. Not only do I find him incredibly fascinating, but he has an incredible mind. I would love to hear tell of his nefarious deeds and more of his views on the world. I would also love to be able to get to know his mind more. As for what I would be drinking, I'd probably go for a nice Merlot or Pinot Grigio.
  11. A train leaves Chicago at noon, heading east at 120 mph.  At the same time a duck leaves Philadelphia, heading west at 12 mph.  Where and when do they meet?  (This is obviously a joke, but if you can answer it and show me your backup calculations, you deserve this award.) The problem is that the duck would end up heading off course toward a body of water, making it where the train and the duck never meet therefore your question is invalid.
  12. (This is the REAL #11)--If you could pick any one actor/actress to play you in the movie of your life, who would it be? First off, I'm not sure only one could play me. Part of this is because I am trans. It would make sense to have someone play the female bodied me and then the real me, the one that many people do not see. I guess I could have an actor play both parts, but I'm not sure who. Hell, I am not sure who I would choose if I did go with two. I have never come across an actor or actress where I thought, "That person could easily play me." To be honest, if someone played me, I bet I would end up getting portrayed by someone no one has ever heard of so I guess I would choose that unknown actor who is still trying to make a name for his or herself.
So I guess that's that. I now need to get hunting for some bloggers, which will be linked above as I get them. For the bloggers that end up doing this, here are my questions to you:
  1. If you could have any mutant/super power, what would it be and why?
  2. If you could meet and hang out with any fictional character, who would it be. Again, why?
  3. Who or what is your inspiration? Inspiration for your career, life, whatever.
  4. Describe your perfect vacation/holiday.
  5. I know this was asked of me, but I am also curious about it. What are some of your favourite authors/genres/books/series?
  6. DC or Marvel? This can include Marvel's Dark Horse and DC's Vertigo comics as well. Explain your choice.
  7. You've been transported to another point in history (damn those weeping angels!). Where would you like to end up?
  8. How come you started your blog, and where would you like it to go?
  9. What are your feelings on steampunk?
  10. You've been given a chance to redo a moment in your life. What moment do you choose?
  11. What if you could have genetic perfection? Would you change who you are if you could?

No comments:

Post a Comment