Wednesday 16 May 2012

Revelations


Level: Older Teen
Genre: Fantasy > Vampires/Urban Fantasy
Obtained: Purchased at Borders
Reviewed by: Nic Echo

About the Book:
Things become more complicated in the Blue Bloods series. Schuyler is now being forced to live with the Forces, and Charles us refusing to let her see either her grandfather or Oliver so Schuyler is forced to find ways around this restricting rule. However, this isn't the only complication in Schuyler's life. Schuyler also has a secret relationship with Jack, and she comes to find out that if the bond between Mimi and Jack is broken, Jack will be executed.  Meanwhile, in her own subplot, Bliss is now seeing visions while awake. Horrible, terrifying visions. She also runs into Dylan again, who doesn't seem to be quite right in the head. Then, to make matters worse, the silver blood in their fold is still unknown.

Rating: 7/10
I still liked this book well enough, but I have to admit with all the subplots going on, it's starting to become difficult to follow, and I have a feeling it is only going to get worse. I am also starting to get tired of reading about perfect characters. I understand that this is part of their physiology, but it's getting stale. I am longing for a normal character, but I know not to expect that from this type of book.

Even with this issue, I still found the book entertaining. De la Cruz continues to write a gripping plot that left me turning the pages. I have to admit that one plot point was too simple to figure out. It was way too obvious as to who Bliss' visitor was. I mean, I figured it out as soon as he made his appearance so I wish that de la Cruz had done something more unique there. Other than that, I found Bliss' plot line quite enthralling. I also enjoyed witnessing Mimi's underhanded moves to overcome Schuyler and keep Jack at her side. The only plot I wasn't all that involved in was Schuyler's. Not all of it was bad. The bit where she was in Rio was entertaining enough, but the Jack/Schuyler subplot is getting more light than I care for. Granted, it hasn't completely taken over either. De la Cruz still gives me enough non romantic story to enjoy.

Overall, Revelations is still delectable junk food, even if it is leaning more and more toward the romance than I like. It's also starting to get a bit difficult when it comes to keeping track of all the little twists and turns (especially if you're not reading these back to back). It's not unmanageable yet however. Revelations isn't my favourite Blue Bloods book, but it remains a page turner, and I don't plan to stop reading the series any time soon.

What I'm Reading Next:  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment