Wednesday 26 October 2011

Cirque du Freak: Killers of the Dawn


Level: Teen
Genre: Fantasy/Horror > Vampires
Obtained: Purchased at Borders
Reviewed by: Nic Echo

About the Book:
When we last left Darren and the others, they were being arrested for the murders the vampaneze had committed. Now, they need to figure a way out and stop the Vampaneze Lord. 

Rating:  8/10
Maybe it's just me, but this particular trilogy felt more drawn out than the others. It was still an enoyable read however. It was especially interesting to see how our heroes dealt with the human police force. Now, even though Killers of the Dawn kept a fast and intriguing pace, I still had issues with some of the characters. Steve's path continued to be obvious (to me, at least), and Debbie continued to be a victim. We are also reintroduced to Chief Inspector Alice Burgess who, like Debbie, seems to take the whole vampires are real thing too well. Besides the characters, the only thing I had a problem with was when Shan was describing the pit the vampires had to cross. My only issue with this was that it was confusing. I was completely unable to envision it my mind's eye.

On the other hand, Shan continued to create remarkable surprises. Yes, I figured out one or two, but another completely caught me off guard. I could go into it more, but that would unnecessary spoilers. I must say Shan continues to write an interesting story. After all, I still wanted to continue even though I clearly had issues with this trilogy.

What I'm Reading Next:

No comments:

Post a Comment