Tuesday 19 April 2011

Living Dead in Dallas

Level: Explicit Lite
Genre: Fantasy/Horror > Vampires/Urban Fantasy
Obtained: Purchased at Borders
Reviewed by: Nic Echo
 
About the Book:
To start off, another murder has happened in Bon Temps. Layfette is found in Andy Bellefleur's car, but Sookie has other matters on her mind. Eric has loaned her out to the Dallas vampires to help them locate one of their own. With her telepathic abilities, Sookie might have luck finding out clues to his whereabouts. While helping the Dallas vampires, Sookie is led to the Fellowship of the Sun, a dangerous cult against vampires and those who condone with them. Then, after finishing her work with the Dallas vampires, Sookie returns home and tries to figure out the true murderer of Layfette.

Rating: 6/10
I must say, I enjoyed this novel much more than it's prior counterpart. After reading Dead Until Dark, I was a bit worried that I may have wasted my money on this series. However, this book I found quite enjoyable. There are still issues I found in it though such as the horrible grammar. If I am spotting a  lot of grammar mistakes, you need a new editor since I am one of those people that barely notice these things when reading (especially the first time). I also find myself still wishing the characters had more to them. They seem very flat to me, causing me to care less about most of them. Honestly, the only ones I do like are Eric and Sam, and even then, I barely care because they have no depth to them.

However, the plot was quite interesting, even though I had seen the True Blood season.  It was different enough that it held my attention to see where it went. So I would say Living Dead in Dallas in worth a read. However, there seemed like the maenad plot should have been extended more or cut out. It was like bookends that didn't need to be there. It was interesting, but seemed out of place, and I think True Blood did well to focus on mostly on that since it was brought in the beginning and there at the end, but TB used it throughout.

What I'm Reading Next:

No comments:

Post a Comment