Tuesday 12 July 2011

All Together Dead


Level: Explicit Lite
Genre: Fantasy/Horror > Vampires/Urban Fantasy
Obtained: Purchased at Borders
Reviewed by: Nic Echo

About the Book:
 Sookie is back in the seventh novel from the Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire series. This book holds a multitude of murder and vampire politics. Sophie-Anne, the queen of Louisana, has hired Sookie to "listen" to others at the upcoming vampire summit. Once there, a series of misfortunes occur, including vampire murders and bombs. Meanwhile, Sophie-Anne is also to be put on trial for the death of her husband, the king of Arkansas.

Rating: 7/10
The books keep getting better in this series (not including Definitely Dead) though I will not say they are spectacular yet. Harris has placed the action well. It's spaced out enough that you get relief from it, but it's not so far that you start to get bored. Also, it seems much more connected than some of her other books. Although the initial murders are incredibly easy to figure out who did it, you wonder which of the other murders are connected to what.

There is a subplot involving Quinn again, which left me disappointed. It seemed like such a let down from all the build up that Harris injected into her writing. I am glad I didn't have to read about Quinn during most of the book though. He still seems too perfect to me, and Sookie seems to be moving much too quickly with him. A new subplot is brought in involving Eric, and I must admit I am curious as to where that is going to lead.

The main thing I disliked about this book was the high character count. There seemed to be too many to keep track of, and half of those we barely met in the last book so half the time I was wondering who so and so was. Meanwhile, we are introduced to even more characters. Hopefully, they will be one time, or at least hardly mentioned, type characters.

Overall, I thought it was an excellent book, even if the characters were hard to keep track of. Hopefully, Harris will keep to a smaller cast for most of her books.

What I'm Reading Next:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment